Monday, September 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Casual Vacancy

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly feature started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It's where we can gossip about yet-to-be-released books that we're looking forward to.

The Casual Vacancy

 When Barry Fairweather dies in his early forties, the town of Pagford is left in shock.
Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.
Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.
And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?


Do I even have to say anything about why I want this book NOW? It's J.K. Rowling for crying out loud! I've read the entire Harry Potter series upwards of a dozen times, so you could say I'm a big fan of hers. I don't care what the book is about, though you have to admit it sounds awesome, I'll read anything she writes. So here's looking forward to September 27th!

**The Casual Vacancy  releases on September 27th, 2012 by Little, Brown and Company.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?

    I'm planning to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on
    everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform
    like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that
    I'm completely confused .. Any tips? Thanks
    a lot! http://www.sbdcdev.com/codelibrary/AubreysjCreelsv,www.iscosafricashipping.org/awstats-icon/rayban01.html

    ReplyDelete